Saturday, September 6, 2008

8 Days Till Texas!!!

Ok... so its been approximately 75 days since my last post and I'M SORRY! But now we only have 8 days till my dad, my sister, and I leave for Ft. Worth Texas and the Extreme Mustang Makeover 2008! Between my last post and now kind of a lot has happened with Cain. He has long been under saddle with only a few minor mishaps here and there. Up until about three days ago I was still riding him with nothing more than a rope halter and I am more than proud to say that he could easily navigate any and all obstacles including going forward and back through the big L made of landscape ties, doing 2 full turn-arounds in an 8x8 square, and he even went on his first trail ride with only a halter. Even though he was doin perfectly fine in just a halter I felt he needed just a little more touch sensitivity so I rode him today in a Tom Thumb bit which is little more than a snaffle with a small shank. It couldnt have worked out better...his stops were quicker, his backs were prettier, and any little bit of drift he had in the pastur was gone... though he is extremely touchy and a pretty mover thats not what I'm the most proud of him for. So far he has shown the most prospect in being virtually bomb proof. But if anyone wants more on that before Texas theyre just going to have to show up at our Mustang Day at the Southern States in Pittsboro off of Small St. We'll see yall there!!

No comments: