Wednesday, September 24, 2008

EXTREME MUSTANG MAKEOVER

First off I just want to say THANK YOU to anyone and everyone that donated to our "Get to Texas Fund!!!!" Thanks to all our many donors and the Pittsboro Southern States our trip to the Extreme Mustang Makeover 2008 was very comfortable...We even got to stop and eat and everything!!! As for the competition itself, Cain did wonderful. In the in hand division we didn't fare so well as we place 33rd out of about 50. But I could never blame Cain for the low finish because I'm sure he was feedin off of my very high nervous energy and the energy of the crowd. The only times he balked were when he had to trot along beside me around a set of barrels and when I had to pick up his back feet...HE WOULD JUST NOT STAND STILL!! As for the under saddle division I couldnt have asked him to do better. I was sooooo proud of my boy... he never balked once wich led us to a 14th place finish in the under saddle!!!! The two combined scores placed us 19th over all. I also couldnt be happier about his new home. After the auction I got to briefly meet his new owners. Cyndie was her name and she owned about 100 acres near Ft. Worth where she rehabs rescue mustangs, quarterhorses, and anything elses you might slap a saddle on. She said that he was going to be a buddy horse for the rehabs and a weekend rider for all her neices and nephews. Once again thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR DONATIONS AND BLESSINGS OF GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

No comments: